CORONAVIRUS & ENTRY RULES TO RUSSIA
Dear exhibitors and colleagues!
According to the Decrees of the Government of the Russian Federation №635-R of March 16, 2020 for the purpose of ensuring state security, protecting public health and non-proliferation of a new coronavirus infection entry to the territory of the Russian Federation is restricted until further notice.
According to the Appendix No. 1 of the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2020 No. 635-r approved the list of foreign states whose citizens and persons holding a residence permit or other document confirming the right to permanent residence in which can enter the Russian Federation from these states through air checkpoints across the state border of the Russian Federation.
List of countries whose citizens are allowed to enter the Russian Federation, but require a visa:
- United Kingdom
- Tanzania (temporary restriction until February 22, 2022)
- Sri Lanka
- Saudi Arabia
- North Macedonia
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
List of countries whose citizens are allowed to enter the Russian Federation, no visa required:
- South Ossetia
- South Korea
- Republic of Maldives
- Dominican Republic
- The Republic of Moldova
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
In connection with the discovery in South Africa and a number of other states of a new strain of SARS-CoV-2 (B.1.1.529), the Operational Headquarters for the Prevention of the Importation and Spread of New Coronavirus Infection in Russia made the following decisions:
- from 00 hours 00 minutes on November 28, 2021, the entry into the territory of Russia of foreign citizens residing in the territory of the Republic of South Africa, the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of Zimbabwe, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Madagascar, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the United Republic of Tanzania is restricted , Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and foreign nationals staying in these territories within the last 10 days.
- organized express testing for a new coronavirus infection of Russian citizens arriving from the Republic of Botswana, the Republic of South Africa, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of Zimbabwe, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Madagascar, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, China People's Republic, State of Israel, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and foreign nationals arriving from the People's Republic of China, State of Israel, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- In accordance with Decision of the Chief State Sanitary Physician of the Russian Federation No. 32 dated 4 December 2021, in addition to measures provided for by Decision of the Chief State Sanitary Physician of the Russian Federation No. 7 dated 18 March 2020 'On isolation regime to prevent the spread of Covid-19,' persons arriving in the Russian Federation from the Republic of Botswana, Republic of Zimbabwe, Kingdom of Lesotho, Republic of Madagascar, Republic of Mozambique, Republic of Namibia, United Republic of Tanzania, Kingdom of Eswatini, Republic of South Africa and Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall be subject to isolation for fourteen consecutive days following their arrival and undergo polymerase chain reaction testing for Covid-19 twice:
- first test within two days of arrival in the Russian Federation;
- second test from the tenth to the twelfth day after arrival in the Russian Federation.
The above entry restriction is not applied to the following categories of foreign citizens:
- car drivers of international motor traffic
- airplanes, sea and river ships crew members
- train and locomotive brigades of international railway traffic
- members of official delegations with diplomatic and service visas
- persons with diplomatic and service visas, as well as ordinary private visas, issued in emergency cases related to the death of a close relative
- persons, who permanently live on the territory of the Russian Federation
- visa-free transit passengers proceeding through airport checkpoints
- persons who are highly qualified specialists*
- foreign athletes, coaches and specialists in the field of physical culture on a work, humanitarian visa or if there is an employment contract
- persons entering the Russian Federation for the purpose of specialized treatment
In addition, entry into and exit from our country is now allowed for crew members of sea and river vessels located in Russian ports. Such specialists are allowed to use road, air, rail and sea transport for movement. The decision was made in order to ensure the possibility of changing the crews of ships. Restrictions on crossing the Russian border will no longer apply to specialists who are involved in quality control of equipment manufactured by Russian companies under contracts related to the construction of nuclear power plants abroad within the framework of international agreements between Russia and foreign partners. Also, free border crossing is allowed for those who are involved in certification of new aircraft and maintaining the airworthiness of domestically produced winged aircraft operated by Russian companies.
Entry into the Russian Federation is temporarily restricted for foreign citizens of other categories. The order is unlimited and is valid until a special decision.
According to Decree No. 13 of July 07, 2020 of the Chief sanitary doctor of the Russian Federation, the mandatory 14-day quarantine has been canceled for both foreigners and Russian citizens.
On the portal of the official publication of legal regulations on December 7, 2021, Rospotrebnadzor Resolution No. 33 of December 4, “On Amendments to the Sanitary and Epidemiological Rules“ Prevention of New Coronavirus Infection (COVID-19) ”, approved by Resolution No. 15 of the Chief Sanitary Doctor dated May 22, was posted. 2020 g.
With this document, the sanitary department officially reduces, starting from December 8 (the resolution comes into force the day after its official publication - indicated in the text), the validity of a negative PCR test result from 72 to 48 hours from the time of the test.
To check-in and board an international flight, foreign nationals and stateless persons** travelling to the airports of the Russian Federation, including passengers in transit via airports in the Russian Federation, must present a medical document (certificate) with a negative Covid-19 result (PCR) in Russian or English; the test must have been taken no earlier than two calendar days (including the date of arrival) prior to arrival in the Russian Federation.
* *- Including children and infants of all ages.
The validity of the PCR test certificate is calculated starting from the date the biological material was collected.
If it is not possible to submit the medical certificate in Russian or in English, it may be submitted in the official language of the country where the issuing organisation is registered, accompanied by a Russian translation certified by a consular official of the Russian Federation. During the flight, passengers must also fill in the form provided by the flight attendants.
Prior to arriving in the Russian Federation, passengers must fill out the questionnaire for those arriving in the Russian Federation to ensure quarantine control at entry points on the state border of the Russian Federation.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons subject to the provisions of paragraph 2 of Decree No. 635-r of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2020, entering the Russian Federation from the territories of the states that are members of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU — Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic), and, starting from September 1, 2021, from the territories of Azerbaijan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan through the air checkpoints at the state border of the Russian Federation, must, when entering the Russian Federation, present the negative result of a laboratory test for novel coronavirus infection displayed as a QR code in the "Travel without Covid-19" mobile application, taken no earlier than two calendar days prior to arrival in the Russian Federation, except for persons entering the Russian Federation from third states through the territories of these states by transit or with a short stopover, provided they present the negative result of laboratory testing for Covid-19 by polymerase chain reaction, taken no earlier than two calendar days prior to arrival in the Russian Federation, as well as tickets and/or boarding passes for their entire route to the Russian Federation.
The "Travel without Covid-19" app is available in Google Play and App Store.
We remind passengers that antibody test results and any other test results besides PCR tests cannot be used to confirm the absence of Covid-19 infection for the purposes specified.
Important information about restrictions for passengers on international flights of Aeroflot Russian Airlines
When you are planning a trip to Moscow, please buy tickets for Aeroflot Russian Airlines flights in advance. The number of available flights and seats is limited.
* - Excerpt from the Government Decree of June 25, 2020. No. 1671-r:
"persons entering the Russian Federation once, who are involved in labor activities as highly qualified specialists included in the list (indicating the checkpoint across the state border of the Russian Federation and the date of entry) sent to the FSB of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia by the federal executive body in the field which is in charge of the organization - the employer or customer of work (services), subject to the presentation by the specified persons of valid documents proving their identity and recognized by the Russian Federation in this capacity, and visas or in a visa-free manner in cases stipulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation, and subject to the presentation of a valid employment contract or civil contract for the performance of work ( provision of services) with the employer or customer of work (services); ".